Sunday, January 29, 2012

Thoughts about Privatization, Expos 5 and Michael Moffat

Privatization is something that is super scary to think about because its something that will not only affect me but essentially it will affect the future generations. Privatization really does hit the pocket hard and its not even that fair. The government should contribute equally because it really does affect the society and the more people feel as though its a burden to go to school the less they will end up going to school and taking another route.

Watching "Expos 5" it made me think of when i was in expos and how much i hated it! It was certainly a learning experience in the end that I'm grateful for having but I know at the time it was a hassle and my whole life revolved around it. I really couldnt go out or focus on other subjects as much as  I would have liked to becasue I was so scared about failing expos. I remember pulling C's all semester and with the help of the tutor and seeing my professor for office hours twice a week I ended up with a B in the class. I was so excited for that.

The reading that Michael Moffatt wrote was most interesting to me because it was about the dorms and the experience he had as an outsider looking in. I thought it was very interesting to read about the transition of how Rutgers went from a place that allowed underage drinking to a place that all of a sudden didn't allow it anymore. I just thought it was a little funny considering how strict they are about it now and just a few years before I was born it changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment